Harvey Weinstein hit with new sexual assault charges in Los Angeles10/02/2020
Convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein was slapped with half a dozen new counts of sexual assault in California — stemming from two accusers, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office announced Friday.
Weinstein allegedly raped a woman at an unnamed Beverly Hills hotel between Sept. 1, 2004, and Sept. 30, 2005, according to the felony complaint.
He’s also charged with twice raping another woman at an unnamed Beverly Hills hotel, first in November or December of 2009 and again on Nov. 5, 2010, the complaint states.
The disgraced producer now faces a total of 11 charges in connection to attacks on five women at Beverly Hills hotels — including four counts each of forcible rape and forcible oral copulation, two counts of sexual battery by restraint and one count of sexual penetration by use of force, court papers show.
In addition to the two new victims, the complaint alleges that Weinstein raped an Italian model at Mr. C Beverly Hills on Feb. 18, 2013, and the next day attacked Lauren Young inside his suite at the Montage Beverly Hills hotel. Young is a model who testified against Weinstein at his trial on charges in New York earlier this year.
He allegedly sexually assaulted a third woman at an unnamed Beverly Hills hotel May 11, 2010.
“I am thankful to the first women who reported these crimes and whose courage have given strength to others to come forward,” DA Jackie Lacey said in a statement. “The willingness of these latest victims to testify against a powerful man gives us the additional evidence we need to build a compelling criminal case.”
The ruined Hollywood mogul was first charged in LA last January. Lacey publicly announced the case the day before jury selection began in his Manhattan rape trial.
The jury eventually convicted Weinstein of forcibly performing oral sex on former “Project Runway” production assistant Miriam “Mimi” Haleyi in 2006 and raping hairstylist Jessica Mann in 2013.
He was sentenced to 23 years in prison in March and is currently serving his time at Wende Correctional Facility in upstate New York.
LA Prosecutors have filed paperwork to bring him to California, and an extradition hearing is scheduled for Dec. 11 in Buffalo.
Weinstein’s spokesman Juda Engelmayer said his client denied the allegations.
“Harvey Weinstein has always maintained that every one of his sexual encounters throughout his entire life has been consensual,” he said. “That hasn’t changed.”
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article