A new startup wants you to eat all your food in 50 gram squares08/27/2021
The way we consume food is forever changing.
Meals can be delivered to your door at the touch of a button. You can buy a week’s worth of food pre-made.
And the choice at our fingertips is endless.
So it’s no wonder that amidst this constant innovation, more… unusual food trends tend to appear.
Miami-based SquarEat is one such grub company bringing unusual options to the table.
Attempting to enter the ‘ready to eat’ sphere, SquarEat wants you to eat your food in squares.
Offering gourmet options in 50g cube form, the company is keen to point out the food is not a meal replacement but is real cuisine in quadrilateral shapes.
To begin your squared journey, you must choose a food plan. This can vary from five to 20 meals a week.
Then you choose a meal size; small or regular. The former will provide you with four squares, while the latter will give six.
Next the meal plan is whittled down depending on flavours which range from ‘Fisherman’ to ‘Sweet Break’ to ‘Treat.’
SquarEat notes the squares provide ‘all the nutrients without any additives.’
In a promotional video, the brand claims its food is ‘healthier, tastier and lasts longer than the available alternatives on the market.’
The clip also depicts cutting the squares elegantly with a fork and knife. Thus, while you may be eating food in squares, it shouldn’t be any different to how you are consuming your food now.
According to a press release issued by the startup, SquarEat confirmed it raised $100,000 on the crowd investing platform WeFunder and added its final goal is $700,00.
‘We have experienced first-hand the inefficiencies of traditional meal plan services and have seen a clear possibility of disruption in bringing a complete transformation to a sector that is growing tremendously fast, introducing a brand-new concept,’ explained Paola Cadegiani, founder and CEO of the company.
‘Thanks to the Squared shape we are able to run a mass production while using gourmet techniques. Thermal shocking conservation, low temperature cooking, and vacuum sealing packing allow us to produce superior quality food and sell it at an affordable price.’
Meanwhile, in a pitch deck released by SquarEat, the company outlined it can use an algorithm to tell customers what they should eat. Personalised tastes and nutrients are judged by the vibes you like most such as ‘athletic’ or breakfast-based options.
SquarEat also hopes to overhaul the B2B space by filling gyms with branded fridges and spaces and target universities, offices and more.
So the next time you sit down for your evening meal, imagine eating that bowl of spaghetti bolognese in a 50g square.
Because it may well be the future.
SquarEat meal options
Sweet Break Meal Box (1 box)
- Delicious pancakes with a hint of pure cocoa. Canadian maple syrup on the side.
6x Choco Pancake Square
- Egg, Oat, Honey, Stevia, Pure cocoa, Coconut milk, Lemon
Classic Meal-Box (1 box)
- Tender low-fat poultry meat packed with proteins, high in vitamins green vegetables mix and aromatic Indian rice. BBQ sauce and Herbs infused Italian extra virgin olive oil on the side.
3x Chicken Square
- Chicken breast, Salt, Black pepper, Lemon, Rosemary
1x Broccoli & Spinach Square
- Broccoli, Spinach, Parsley, Salt, Black Pepper, Honey, Lemon
2x Basmati Rice Square
- Basmati Rice, Salt, Black Pepper
Mediterranean Meal-Box (1 Box)
- Delicious mediterranean fish with an exquisite buttery texture, smooth summer green squash and seasoned asparagus. Herbs infused Italian extra virgin olive oil on the side.
3x Seabass Square
- Seabass, Parsley, Salt, Black pepper, Honey, Lemon
1x Asparagus Square
- Asparagus, Salt, Black Pepper, Lemon
2x Zucchini Square
- Zucchini, Salt, Black pepper, Parsley, Basil, Lemon
Do you have a story to share?
Send us an email at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article