Welsh government forces Haven holiday parks to ban singing & dancing due to covid05/29/2021
HAVEN holiday parks in Wales have been forced to ban singing and dancing entertainment because of the Welsh Assembly's rules on Covid-19.
Families set to descend on the resorts for a half-term getaway have been left disappointed as the company announced live entertainment is cancelled.
🔵 Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest updates
The holiday parks had planned a series of family shows to entertain guests, but had been told that as their venues are not classed as theatres they would not be able to go ahead.
Many were planning to visit resorts such as the Presthaven Sands, Greenacres in Porthmadog and Hafan y Mor in Pwllheli during the schools' half-term break.
But earlier this week the company informed guests that due to Covid-19 regulations there will be no live singing or dancing.
Guests will only be allowed to watch pre-recorded shows on a big screen and meet characters while observing social distancing rules, reports North Wales Live.
Many were clearly disappointed as they were eager to take advantage of the warm weather after the wettest May on record.
The company released a statement that reads: "With the latest reduction of restrictions within Wales we were looking forward to being able to offer our guests and owners an opportunity to watch live entertainment at our parks.
"Whilst our teams had created an entertainment programme that fell within Covid regulations and a detailed safe operating plan, we have been informed that as our entertainment venues are not strictly theatres, we are unable to operate a full programme at this time including no live singing or dancing.
"We understand the disappointment and frustration felt by our guests as this is also felt by our entertainments team.
"We have large, well ventilated venues, have reduced our capacity to no more than 50% and had managed social distancing measures to ensure our guests, owners and team remain safe and secure whilst enjoying the entertainment."
"We are looking forward to when restrictions will be lifted further which will hopefully allow us to run a wider range of family fun entertainment and we are currently offering a limited programme to comply with current Welsh Government restrictions.
"As soon as we are given permission to do so we will increase the entertainments programme to the Haven experience our guests and owners have come to love and enjoy."
Under current lockdown restrictions in Wales, live performances that are not set in a theatre are banned.
The next lockdown review is expected to be discussed next week, with any potential changes coming into force on Monday, June 7.
It comes as cases of the Indian variant in Wales have reached to 58.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said while there are early signs of an increase in Covid cases in England,cases continue to be "low" in Wales.
Meanwhile, the number of people newly-infected with the virus in the UK soared past 4,000 for the first time in two months.
A further 4,182 people have tested positive in the past 24 hours.
Matt Hancock warned "this isn't over yet" as the PM cast fresh doubt on the final stage of his roadmap out of lockdown.
The Health Secretary added that up to three quarters of new cases in the UK are the new, more easily transmissible, India variant.
Source: Read Full Article