Quarantine-free air bridges countries list – here are the best deals for Spain, Italy and France07/03/2020
THE UK has announced the full list of countries which are on the air bridge list – and holidays to Spain, Italy and France are officially confirmed.
Air bridges – which allow quarantine-free travel between two countries – have been in the works for weeks to allow Brits to go on holiday abroad once again.
This doesn't mean Brits won't have to quarantine abroad, as this depends on the country's own quarantine rules.
From tomorrow, the Foreign Office will lower the travel advice warning against non-essential travel to the countries on the list.
From July 10, Brits will not have to quarantine when returning to the UK from the air bridge countries.
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps explained the list of countries was finally ready and the nation could plan to get away by next week.
Mr Shapps added that all passengers would have to fill out a "passenger locator form", allowing governments to know where each visitor was going and for how long.
While Brits returning from these countries will be able to skip the 14-day quarantine, it should be noted that there may still be travel bans or quarantine restrictions in those countries.
Countries including Greece has been included on the the list, despite the country extending its ban on UK flights until July 15.
The US is not expected to form any travel agreements with the UK until at least November.
FULL LIST OF AIR BRIDGE COUNTRIES
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Czech Republic
- Faroe Islands
- French Polynesia
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- New Caledonia
- San Marino
- South Korea
- Sint Eustatius and Saba
- St Barthélemy
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Pierre and Miquelon
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Vatican City
The Foreign Office will also maintain the ban on all non-essential travel to these destinations.
Here is the latest travel advice for some of the countries now part of the air bridge agreement with the UK, as well as what to expect from a holiday there and the best bargain deals.
Brits may still have to quarantine in France, with the country having a voluntary 14-day self-isolation period for anyone entering the country – although this could be lifted for when the UK quarantine ends.
Attractions including the Eiffel Tower have reopened, while the Louvre will follow suit from July 6 – face masks are mandatory in any public spaces including public transport, museums and attractions, and restaurants and bars.
- Seven nights in Paris with return flights from London Gatwick on July 10 – £256pp
- Seven nights in Cote d'Azur with return flights from London Stansted on July 18 – £310pp
Seven nights in Disneyland Paris with return flights from London Gatwick on July 18 – £430pp
Brits have already returned to Spain, with the country ending their two-week quarantine regulation last month.
Beaches across Spain are implementing new rules such as limited capacity and sunbathing zones to ensure tourists continue to social distance, with the first flights resuming from the UK last month.
- Seven nights in Barcelona with return flights from East Midlands on July 17 – £166pp
- Seven nights in Tenerife with return flights from London Luton on July 22 – £182pp
- Seven nights in Majorca with return flights from Newcastle on July 23 – £218pp
Italy also lowered their quarantine rules for EU tourists, including Brits, last month.
A number of locations are offering free or reduced price holidays across the country, such as Sicily and Molise, while Brits were welcomed back last month.
- Seven nights in Rome with return flights from East Midlands on July 23 – £132pp
- Seven nights in Naples with return flights from Manchester on July 21 – £258pp
- Seven nights in Sicily with return flights from Manchester on July 20 – £266pp
Travellers are "strongly advised" to quarantine for 14 days when arriving in the Netherlands.
Wearing a mask on public transport is mandatory, but the majority of attractions and restaurants have reopened from today.
- Two nights in Amsterdam with return flights from London Luton on July 21 – £108pp
- Two nights on a boat in Amsterdam with return flights from London Luton on July 26 – £116pp
Germany has no quarantine restrictions for Brits entering the country.
The country has been forced to lockdown several regions after a spike in coronavirus cases with fines for anyone without masks.
- Two nights in Berlin with return flights from Manchester on July 23 – £96pp
- Two nights in Munich with return flights from London Heathrow on July 17 – £150pp
Brits won't need to quarantine when travelling to Turkey.
Turkey's UK ambassador Umit Yalcin has pressed that Turkey is safe for Brits to return as Turkish Airlines resumes flights from London Gatwick to Antalya.
- Seven nights in Izmir with return flights from London Stansted on July 19 – £258pp
- Seven nights in Bodrum with return flights from East Midlands on July 16 – £286pp
- Seven nights in Antalya with return flights from Manchester on July 15 – £308pp
Source: Read Full Article