Prince Harry wants to mend his 'difficult' relationship with William04/19/2022
Prince Harry ‘wants to use a mediator’ to help mend his ‘very, very difficult’ relationship with Prince William, royal expert claims
- Prince Harry, 37, wants to ‘use a mediator’ when meeting Prince William, 39
- Expert said Duke of Sussex has ‘made it very clear he wants to sort things out’
- Katie Nicholl called it ‘difficult’, sayin ‘it, really, is at a bit of a crossroads’
- Comes after Duke and Duchess of Sussex flew into Windsor to meet the Queen
The Duke of Sussex ‘wants to use a mediator’ to help mend his ‘very, very difficult’ relationship with the Duke of Cambridge, a royal expert has claimed.
Prince Harry and Prince William are said to have barely spoken and had an ‘incredibly strained’ relationship after two years of rows over Meghan Markle and her alleged treatment of staff, the couple’s decision to emigrate to America and the ‘truth bombs’ the Sussexes have dropped in TV interviews watched by tens of millions of people around the world.
However Vanity Fair’s Katie Nicholl has now revealed the Duke of Sussex, 37, has ‘made it very clear he wants to sort things out’ with his brother.
Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, she explained: ‘Harry, I’m told, suggested perhaps that they might get some sort of a mediator in on sort of these talks, to make some progress…His relationship [with William], really, is at a bit of a crossroads.’
The Duke of Sussex wants to use a moderator to help mend his ‘very, very difficult’ relationship with the Duke of Cambridge, a royal expert has claimed
Meanwhile the royal editor said she had heard the Duke ‘wants to be over here for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee’ and ‘wants things to be improved’ with his family.
Calling his relationship with Prince William ‘sticky’, Katie said it had been ‘much harder to get back on track.’
She said: ‘We have been told for many months now that they’re not close at the moment. It has been very, very difficult.’
The relationship between the two has been strained in recent years but sources previously claimed Prince Harry hoped to be ‘back in the fold’ in time for the Jubilee.
Vanity Fair’s Katie Nicholl has now revealed the Duke of Sussex, 37, has ‘made it very clear he wants to sort things out’ with his brother
He is expected to return to the UK for the Platinum Jubilee, which will see the country enjoy a four day bank holiday from June 2 to 5.
It is not known if Meghan Markle, 40, and their children Archie, two, and eight-month-old Lilibet, will be joining him.
The royal is said to have contacted his father for ‘friendly chats’ and hopes to visit the UK later this year.
Katie’s latest comments come after it emerged that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were away holidaying in the French Alps with their children – just as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visited the Queen and Prince Charles for a peace offering in Windsor.
Katie’s latest comments come after it emerged that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were away holidaying in the French Alps with their children – just as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visited the Queen and Prince Charles for a peace offering in Windsor
Prince William and Kate are understood to have been staying in the resort of Courcheval, with a picture circulating online of them watching their eldest son Prince George enjoy a skiing lesson.
Royal correspondent Robert Jobson said that it was ‘significant’ that the couple were not involved in the meeting between Harry and Meghan and other senior royals.
The brothers’ relationship is understood to be at rock bottom since Harry pressed the nuclear button on his royal life.
Speaking to MailOnline, Meghan’s acid-penned biographer Tom Bower sensationally branded the Sussexes ‘the Royal Family’s worst traducers’ and accused the couple of ‘exploiting an old, unwell woman to boost their credibility and coffers’.
The Duke of Sussex is expected to return to the UK for the Platinum Jubilee, which will see the country enjoy a four day bank holiday from June 2 to 5 – although it is not known if Meghan Markle will join him
Critics accused the royal couple of ‘cashing in’ on the Games by allowing Netflix, with whom they have signed a $100million deal, into private meetings.
And royal experts believe the VVIP status given to the couple will allow Netflix to portray the couple in a favourable light, as they deal with the fallout from their bombshell interview with Oprah last year.
Talking about Harry and Meghan’s summit with the Queen and Charles, Mr Bower said last night: ‘I have no doubt it was all done for their Netflix documentary. The Queen’s advisers failed to protect her from being exploited by the Royal Family’s worst traducers, while the Sussexes exploited an old, unwell woman to boost their credibility and coffers.’
Mr Jobson told the Mirror: ‘Hopefully, in time the royal brothers too can break bread and end this new war of the Wales’s, which is in danger of turning into one of the fictional soap style dramas Meghan used to star in.
‘For William to do that, however, Harry will have to show that he (and his team of PR image gurus and advisers) can keep their counsel at this early and delicate stage. If not, this promising development would all have been for nothing.’
Meghan last saw the Queen at an awkward Commonwealth Day service on March 8, 2020 (pictured) but has claimed since to regularly speak to her on the phone and over video calls
Other experts suggested that the surprise face-to-face meeting with the Queen, who will be 96 on Thursday and has experienced a series of health problems recently, was an ‘olive branch’ after considerable tension between the Sussexes and royal family.
Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, said the visit would have made the Queen very happy despite the couple’s highly publicised criticism of the royals. In their interview with Oprah, they accused an unnamed senior royal of racism.
Harry and his father have spoken only rarely over the past two years and he heavily criticised Charles in last year’s tell-all Oprah interview in California last year for failing to support him and allegedly cutting the duke off financially.
The claims were disputed by supporters of Charles, who say he has been left desolate by his younger son’s rejection. He is also said to be deeply concerned about Harry’s memoirs, due to be published later this year, which he fears will be further used to settle scores.
Source: Read Full Article