Prince Harry betrayed dying Queen Elizabeth with ‘cruelty’ of memoir: friend06/02/2023
Meghan Markle leaves Prince Harry ‘at home’ as she takes off to party: journalist
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle ‘insist’ car chase story was ‘not exaggerated’
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s rep slams claim car chase was ‘PR stunt’
Fans spot Prince William’s ‘secret’ tribute to Harry in new video
Prince Harry added unnecessary misery to the final months of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II’s life, a friend of the late monarch claims.
“For the last years of her life, certainly from when her husband [Prince Philip] died [in April 2021], the Queen was in a lot of pain,” the pal told the Daily Beast Friday.
“In the final months, of course, it got very much worse; by the time of the Platinum Jubilee [June 2022], she couldn’t see very much, she couldn’t hear very much, and she was easily confused. She barely moved from her apartments in Windsor Castle. Appearing on the balcony at the jubilee required a titanic effort.”
During the four-day celebrations for the Queen’s 70-year reign, she only appeared on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during a flyover and very briefly at the finale of the festivities.
She was supposed to have appeared at the Platinum Jubilee Concert but bowed out.
The friend added that Harry, 38, and his wife, Meghan Markle, should have kept quiet when it was clear that his grandma was dying and dealing with physical pain.
For more Page Six you love …
- Listen to our weekly “We Hear” podcast
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- Shop our exclusive merch
“That was the time for Harry and Meghan to bite their tongue,” sniped the insider. “Instead they produced this unending stream of incredibly hurtful films and interviews attacking her life’s work.
“For Harry to announce he was writing a memoir when his grandmother was not just recently widowed but actually dying herself, as he must have known she was — well, the cruelty of it takes the breath away.”
In response to a recent Sun article claiming the California-based couple will no longer talk about their royal family woes as they have done in their Netflix docuseries, “Harry & Meghan,” and the prince’s book, “Spare,” the pal is rolling their eyes.
“The idea that they are now going to take a vow of silence after all the damage they have done, even if [the report] was true, which I very much doubt, will do nothing to assuage the anger and disgust some of her friends feel about what they did to the Queen in her final years,” they told the website.
In their docuseries, which premiered in December 2021, Harry and Markle, 41, accused his family of not protecting the former “Suits” actress from vicious press attacks.
Harry again slammed the royal institution in his bombshell-filled memoir, which hit stores in January, and was critical of his brother Prince William and sister-in-law Kate Middleton’s treatment of Markle.
The Invictus Games founder seemed to hint at his grandmother’s frailty when he told Hoda Kotb in an April 2022 “Today” show interview that he was looking out for her.
“I’m just making sure she’s, you know, protected, and got the right people around her,” he said at the time.
The comment reportedly angered several members of the royal family, as a major source of the Queen’s unhappiness had been dealing with her grandson’s departure from royal life in January 2020 and his and Markle’s March 2021 Oprah Winfrey interview, in which they accused an unnamed family member of questioning the color of their unborn son.
The Queen, who died in September 2022 at the age of 86, issued a statement after the Winfrey sit-down, saying she was “saddened to learn of the challenges the couple had faced” but tellingly added that “some recollections may vary.”
A spokesperson for Harry did not reply for comment.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article