Pregnant woman shares warning as huge warts start growing from forearm tattoo12/21/2021
A pregnant woman was left mortified when she started noticing lumps bulging out her forearm tattoo after getting pregnant.
Jade Harvey, 20, thought it was just a skin reaction at first.
However, she rushed to the doctor after discovering they wouldn't stop growing – and was told the only way to get rid of them was with cryogenic treatment.
The mum said the warts looked like nothing she'd ever seen before.
She explained: "I thought it was just a skin reaction caused by pregnancy. Be careful where you get your tattoos!"
Warts can spread onto tattoos that are placed near pre-existing boils, with pregnancy hormones exaggerating the condition.
However Jade, from Florida, US, still doesn't know the exact cause of her breakout.
She got her tattoo on impulse back in June 2020 after seeing an image of a snake online, and asked for it to be drawn as if it's curling round her forearm, for which she paid $150 (£113).
At first, she was happy with her new ink. However, she soon noticed it had been done close to a pre-existing wart near her wrist.
She said: "We never talked about it – I knew the wart was there, I knew [the tattoo artist] saw it, but he never said anything either."
On Boxing Day of the same year, she noticed she had sore boobs and was peeing frequently so decided to take a pregnancy test – which came back positive.
Jade said was in shock at first but soon got used to the news, and her bump continued to grow normally, until, almost exactly a year after getting it, she started noticing warts growing on the tail of her tattoo.
She added: "I was in the pool and I thought the sun had caused the tattoo to flare up or something."
The boils began to get larger, but as they didn't hurt or irritate her too much, and with some reassurance from her midwife, Jade left them alone.
However, when the boils refused to budge – even after giving birth – she went to see her doctor who informed her that she should have them removed, and burnt them away using liquid nitrogen right then and there.
She said: "It felt like she was torching my skin! It felt like a torch was on hand or I was holding dry ice – not fun!"
Jade shared her story on TikTok as a cautionary tale, and it's now had nearly 200,000 likes.
She warned: "Be careful who you go to and where you get a tattoo – avoid places next to warts and don't be impulsive."
Get all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox. Sign up for the free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter
Source: Read Full Article