Christmas quiz questions and answers – 40 questions for your Christmas quiz12/17/2020
Met Office expert discusses probability of Christmas Day snow
Christmas is almost here, and its time to pop on a Christmas movie, have a dance to a festive song and indulge in tasty food and drink. Many families may not be able to have a traditional Christmas this year due to the pandemic, but hosting virtual events could be one way to spend time together.
Holding a Christmas quiz could be a good plan to get the family together one night this festive season.
All you need is a video calling app like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams or Skype and you’re all set!
Thinking of questions can sometimes take a lot of time and effort, so Express.co.uk has put together the perfect quiz so you don’t have to.
With rounds on movies, Christmas number ones and general festive trivia – there’s something for all the family.
Read More: Christmas games and quizzes – the best brainteasers to play in 2020
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights. 100 general knowledge quiz questions and answers: Test YOUR knowledge
Round 1 – Christmas Trivia
1. Since 1966, a 13-metre-tall Yule Goat has been built in which country for advent?
2. A beast-like demon creature that roams city streets frightening kids and punishing the bad ones in Austria – but what’s its name?
3. In the 13 days leading up to Christmas, The Yule Lads visit children across one country – leaving gifts. Which country are the Yule Lads from?
4. To this day, many people in one country still hide their brooms in the safest place in the house to stop them from being stolen by witches. Which country hides brooms on Christmas Eve?
5. Every Christmas Eve, one city’s residents head to church in the early morning on roller skates – where does this happen?
6. The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year, but which day does the Winter Solstice fall on this year?
7. How many hours of daylight are there on the day of the winter solstice?
8. In which country is a pickle ornament hidden in their Christmas trees?
9. Which country enjoys fried caterpillars during the festive season?
10. In which festive dessert is a silver coin traditionally hidden?
Round 1 – Christmas Trivia answers
5. Caracas, Venezuela
6. Monday, December 21.
7. 7 hours 49 minutes and 42 seconds
9. South Africa
10. Christmas Pudding
Royal Christmas card sparks fierce debate over Princess Charlotte [INSIGHT]
Martine McCutcheon home: Inside the Love Actually star’s house [PICTURES]
Kate and William share official Christmas card photo [ANALYSIS]
Round 2 – Christmas Number Ones
1. Which year did Rage Against the Machine beat Joe McElderry to Christmas number one?
2. What was Christmas number one in 2019?
3. Which band had three consecutive Christmas No 1 singles in the 1990s?
4. Mr Blobby was Christmas number 1 in 1993. Which song did he top the charts with?
5.Which year was Wham!’s Last Christmas No 1?
6. What beat Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’ to Christmas number one?
7. How many actual Christmas songs have been Christmas number ones?
8. What beat Wham!’s ‘Last Christmas’ to Christmas number one?
9. How many songs have been Christmas number one more than once?
10. How many X-Factor winners have had Christmas number ones?
Round 2 – Christmas Number Ones answers
2. I Love Sausage Rolls by Ladbaby
3. The Spice Girls
4. Mr Blobby
6. East 17 – Stay Another Day
8. Band Aid – Do They Know It’s Christmas
Round 3 – Christmas Films
1. In Home Alone, where are the McCallisters going on holiday when they leave Kevin behind?
2. In the movie Love Actually, which character sang Christmas Is All Around?
3. Which Christmas movie sees Tom Hanks play six of the characters?
4. Which famous face does Kevin McCallister run into in the hotel lobby in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York?
5. Which actress plays six-year-old Susan Walker in the 1994 Miracle on 34th Street? Hint, this actress also played Matilda in 1996.
6. In Elf, Buddy reveals there are four main food groups for an elf – what are they?
7. What is the name of the young Who girl who befriends the Grinch?
8. What year was It’s a Wonderful Life released?
9. Who plays Father Christmas in Bad Santa?
10. How many Home Alone films are there?
It's A Wonderful Life: HD trailer for 1946 classic Christmas film
Round 3 – Christmas Films answers
1. Paris, France
2. Billy Mack, played by Bill Nighy
3. Polar Express – He was Father, Conductor, Hero Boy, Hobo, Scrooge and Santa Claus
4. Donald Trump
5. Mara Wilson
6. Candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup
7. Cindy Lou Who
8. 1946 (you could offer a bonus point to whoever is closest if the year isn’t guessed)
9. Billy Bob Thornton
Round 4 – For the kids!
1. How many reindeer does Santa Claus have? Bonus points for every reindeer you name correctly!
2. Where does Santa live?
3. Who are Santa’s famous helpers?
4. Which vegetable is used for a snowman’s nose?
5. If you’ve been naughty, what does Santa give you?
6. What meat is traditionally eaten on Christmas Day?
7. What does Santa travel in to deliver his presents?
8. What date is Christmas Day?
9. What is Santa Claus also known as?
10. In the Christmas story, how many wise men are there?
Round 4 – For the kids answers
1. Nine – Rudolph, Prancer, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen, Dasher, Vixen, Comet, Cupid
2. The North Pole
7. A sleigh
8. December 25th
9. St Nicholas, Father Christmas
Source: Read Full Article