Black Friday 2020 deals start THREE weeks early with discounts at Amazon, Boots, and Superdrug11/05/2020
BLACK Friday doesn’t start for another three weeks – but retailers including Amazon, Boots and Superdrug are already slashing prices as part of early sales.
Stores are launching their deals earlier than ever before as they continue to grapple with the coronavirus pandemic.
Black Friday doesn't officially fall until November 27, although it isn't uncommon for sales to start two weeks earlier.
But retailers are starting earlier than we've ever seen as "non-essential" stores are set to close for four weeks in England as part of the second lockdown.
It means some stores will be relying on online sales to keep their cash flow in check while their physical outlets remain shut.
Andy Mulcahy from the IMRG, the industry body for online retailers, told The Sun last month that he expects most Black Friday deals will be online this year.
How to compare prices to get the best deal
JUST because something is on offer, or is part of a sale, it doesn’t mean it’s always a good deal.
There are plenty of comparison websites out there that'll check prices for you – so don't be left paying more than you have to.
Most of them work by comparing the prices across hundreds of retailers.
Here are some that we recommend:
- Google Shopping is a tool that lets users search for and compare prices for products across the web. Simply type in keywords, or a product number, to bring up search results.
- Price Spy logs the history of how much something costs from over 3,000 different retailers, including Argos, Amazon, eBay and the supermarkets. Once you select an individual product you can quickly compare which stores have the best price and which have it in stock.
- Idealo is another website that lets you compare prices between retailers. All shoppers need to do is search for the item they need and the website will rank them from the cheapest to the most expensive one.
- CamelCamelCamel only works on goods being sold on Amazon. To use it, type in the URL of the product you want to check the price of.
Speaking before the second lockdown was announced, he said: "Just how big the growth will be depends on what happens with coronavirus.
"We could see a situation where stores are forced to close again, or where they can stay open but infection rates are high and people aren’t comfortable going out much."
It does, however, mean there are plenty of deals to be had for online shoppers.
But remember, it's still worth shopping around to make sure you're really getting a good deal – we explain how to do this in the box above.
You're also only really making a saving if you were planning on buying that item anyway.
Below are our top picks from the early Black Friday 2020 sales:
More Great Black Friday Deals
Take a look at some of the other Black Friday deals we’ve found around the web
- 101 Black Friday deals
- Fashion and Footwear
- Dyson Airwrap
Amazon was one of the first retailers to start its Black Friday deals, with discounts kicking off on October 26.
Shoppers will find reductions of up to 75% on everything from toys and games, to gadgets and beauty products.
Amazon is running both flash deals, which last for a limited amount of time, and long-running deals – so be sure to check how long something lasts if you're thinking about making a purchase.
You can see everything in the Amazon early Black Friday 2020 deals here – and we've picked out some deals below:
- Oral-B SmartSeries Black 6500 toothbrush – Was: £229.99. Now: £59.99. Save: £170 (74%)
- Amazon Kindle – Was £69.99. Now: £49.99. Save: £20 (29%)
- Fire TV Cube – Was: £109.99. Now: £69.99. Save: £40 (36%)
- Remington D3198 hair dryer – Was: £44.99. Now: £22.49. Save: £22.50 (50%)
- De'Longhi Lattissima Touch coffee machine – Was £279.99. Now: £154.99. Save: £125 (45%)
Boots is also running a whole month's worth of Black Friday deals, with up to 50% off beauty, gifts and toiletries.
The retailer hasn't said if its discounts will be available in stores or online only.
But if you're ordering online, click and collect costs £1.50, or free when you pay £20 or more, while home delivery starts from £3.30, or free when you spend £30.
View the entire Boots Black Friday 2020 early sales online, or check out our picks:
- Soap & Glory Scent from Around The World gift set – Was: £42. Now: £20. Save: £22 (52%)
- Versace Crystal Noir eau de toilette 50ml – Was: £55. Now: £27.50. Save: £27.50 (50%)
- Clinique Superstars gift set – Was: £70. Now: £35. Save: £35 (50%)
- Fresh 'n Rebel Caps on-ear headphones ruby – Was: £29.99. Now: £15. Save: £14.99 (50%)
- No7 Core Collection brush set – Was: £30. Now: £14.50. Save: £15.50 (52%)
Need a new mobile? Carphone Warehouse has slashed the price its iPhone, Samsung and Huawei contract deals.
Its cheapest iPhone deal is on the iPhone 11 64GB model, which you can now get on ID Mobile for £49.99 upfront, and £29.99 a month for 24 months.
If you upgrade to the 128GB model, the upfront cost is the same but you'll pay £31.99 a month for 24 months.
For 256GB of memory, its £79.99 upfront and £34.99 a month for 24 months.
When choosing a phone, consider how many texts, calls and data you really need.
You'll save money by choosing a smaller package, but if you end up needing to increase your allowance, you could be stung by pricey bundle add-ons.
- iPhone 11 64GB – 20GB data, unlimited minutes and texts – £49.99 upfront, £29.99 a month (24-month contract)
- Samsung Galaxy A71 128GB – 500MB data, 250 minutes, unlimited texts – £19.99 upfront, £22.99 a month (24-month contract)
- Huawei P40 5G 128GB – 5GB data, unlimited minutes and texts – £29.99 upfront, £25.99 a month (24-month contract)
If you don't want a new handset, ID Mobile has launched a lower-cost SIM-only Black Friday deal for £16 a month, down from £20 a month.
It comes with unlimited data, minutes and texts, but you are tied into a 12-month contract.
Unlimited data SIM, 12-month contract, £16 a month – buy here
Smell delightful thanks to early Black Friday deals at The Perfume Shop, with up to 60% off designer brands.
We found deals on Armani, DKNY and Moschino perfumes when we searched today.
The Perfume Shop will be shutting its stores in England, but you'll still be able to make purchases online.
Standard delivery is free, but click and collect is temporarily unavailable.
- Armani Diamonds 100ml – Was: £72. Now: £36.99. Save: £35.01 (48%)
- Jimmy Choo Illicit 60ml – Was: £57. Now: £29.99. Save: £27.01 (47%)
- Ralph Lauren Polo 118ml – Was: £70. Now: £39.99. Save: £30.01 (42%)
- Moschino Forever 100ml – Was: £54.50. Now: £22.99. Save: £31.51 (57%)
- DKNY Be Tempted Eau So Blush 100ml – Was: £70. Now: £29.99. Save: £40.01 (57%)
Superdrug shoppers can save up to 60% with the retailer's early Black Friday deals.
As well as gift sets, we found deals on toiletries, beauty products and more.
Superdrug stores will remain open during lockdown, so you'll still be able to click and collect, which is free to do.
Standard delivery costs £3 on orders under £15, or free over this amount.
- BaByliss Smooth Radiance 230 straighteners – Was £49.99. Now: £22.99. Save: £27 (54%)
- BaBylissMEN ten-in-one titanium cordless trimmer – Was: £29.99. Now: £17.99. Save: £12 (40%)
- Revolution You Are The Revolution makeup set – Was: £80. Now: £30 (62%)
- Sanctuary Spa Signature Showstopper bath and body gift set – Was: £40. Now: £20. Save: £20 (50%)
- I Heart The Chocoholic Revolution eyeshadow set – Was: £80. Now: £40. Save: £40 (50%)
Wowcher is giving shoppers up to 80% off a whole range of products, including toys, Christmas gifts and homeware.
Its deals refresh every day, so you'll find different offers in the run-up to Black Friday.
Standard delivery depends on what item you purchase.
- Flywheel fitness bike with LCD display – Was: £499.99. Now: £129. Save: £360.99 (72%)
- Three-tier heated clothes airer – Was: £149.99. Now: £79. Save: £70.99 (47%)
- Super soft snuggle blanket – Was: £36. Now: £13. Save: £23 (64%)
- Your Ideal Gift jewellery advent calendar – Was: £99. Now: £19.99. Save: £79.01 (79%)
- Magic puzzle game cube – Was: £39.99. Now: £12.99. Save: £27 (67%)
Check out our Black Friday 2020 page for other deals you can expect this month.
What to look out for in Currys PC World’s Black Friday sale in 2020.
Find out all about Black Friday here including how it started.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article