11 Best Work Trousers For Men 2021 | The Sun UK03/05/2021
BE honest: how's your work wardrobe looking?
Shirts and tops are often the garments most of us concentrate on when buying pieces for work, but with spring just around the corner, now is the perfect time to make sure you've got a stylish selection of trousers for the season that will look smart and polished—whatever your profession.
Ensuring you have a solid selection of trousers to wear on rotation for work is key to creating outfit variety and keeping your style looking fresh. If you're working from home, the lure of joggers may be tempting, but putting on something a bit smarter will help create a distinction between work and home life.
If you're preparing to go back to the office, lighter fabrics are ideal as we head into the summer months: a pair of chinos always looks timeless with a crisp shirt, or if your dress-code is more casual, a classic pair of jeans is a winner.
If you work in an industry that's a bit more active and hands-on, utility styles with plenty of pockets are a must. Choose thicker, sturdier fabrics to add a protective layer if you work with tools and machinery.
To give you some inspiration, we've rounded up an assortment of styles below that will see you through the working day.
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
1. Best light chinos: West Ace's Stretch Slim Fit Chino Trousers
- (AD) Mens Stretch Chino Trousers, from £12.99 from Amazon – buy here
There's often a tendency to only choose black and navy for work, but these chinos by West Ace prove that lighter hues are just as smart and polished.
Made from a stretchy cotton, the off-white shade is ideal as the temperatures raise and will keep you perfectly cool and collected.
With thousands of shoppers recommending them, you can sure they're as good as the look. As one shopper says: "the material is so comfortable/breathable. Look good as casual/smart work wear, or even out and about."
2. Best smart utility trouser: Amazon Essentials' Slim-fit Cargo Pant
- (AD) Amazon Essentials Men's Slim-fit Cargo Pant, from £12.81 from Amazon – buy here
A smart take on cargo pants? We're in.
This pair from Amazon Essentials boasts a stylish slim fit, while the black colourway adds a more polished feel to the traditional military stylings.
Made from 90% cotton, they're ideal for lighter temperatures. Reviewers are really impressed too, with one shopper saying: "Nothing to dislike: fits perfect, looks good and good value for the money."
3. Best for construction jobs: DeWALT's Thurlston Black 3D Stretch Trousers
- (AD) DeWALT THURLSTON 36W/31L Thurlston Black 3D Stretch Trousers, £56.95 from Amazon – buy here
In a classic cargo style, these trousers by DeWALT are ideal if you're a tradesman, with plenty of pockets to store tools and bits you need to hand.
With Cordura-branded knee pad pockets and a padded phone pocket, they're made from a lightweight but polycotton with a touch of spandex for a stretchy fit.
One reviewer raves: "Best hard-wearing comfortable work trousers I've had to date."
4. Best for WFH comfort: Goodthreads Men's Slim-Fit Jogger Pant
- (AD) Goodthreads Men's Slim-Fit Jogger Pant, from £23.50 from Amazon – buy here
Ok, we know what we said about no joggers…but hear us out: this slim-fit silhouette by Goodthreads strikes the perfect balance between comfort and style!
Ideal for those WFH days where you want to be comfy but not feel like a total slob, they're made from 97% cotton which gives them a chino look and feel—and will keep you cool as the weather heats up.
With slim fit ankle cuffs, a stretch elastic waist and pockets, the sizing is spot on too, with one reviewer noting: "Best fitting joggers I have had in years."
5. Best workwear classic: Dickies' Super Knee Pad Cargo Work Workwear Trousers
- (AD) Dickies Super Knee Pad Cargo Work Workwear Trousers, from £19.99 from Amazon – buy here
Workwear brand, Dickies, is a failsafe for well-constructed heavy-duty garments so you're in safe hands here.
These trousers feature knee-pads for added protection and plenty of pockets to store tools and items needed to hand.
Fabric-wise, they're sturdy and hold up to wear, with one shopper noting: "Still being used after two years. No rips or wearing."
Another adds: "Comfy to wear, wash well and fit as expected."
6. Best for the heat: Mango's Slim Fit Linen Suit Trousers
- Slim fit linen suit trousers, £59.99 from Mango – buy here
Heading into the summer months, work trousers become a bit of a chore to wear, which is why every man needs a linen suit in his wardrobe.
Lightweight, breathable and effortlessly stylish, this tailored pair by Mango come in a slim fit and can be teamed with the matching blazer for a coordinating look.
They also come in beige and dark navy colourways if grey is not your thing.
7. Best for iron avoiders: Mango's Slim Fit Technical Fabric Trousers
- Slim fit technical fabric trousers, £59.99 from Mango – buy here
Mango is always a go-to for stylish staples, and is currently stocked with an assortment of trousers that are smart, groomed and 100% work-approved.
Available in beige and black, these slim-fit trousers are made from Solotex: a smooth textured fabric that is breathable and easy care, with an anti-wrinkle finish that will save time on ironing too. Winner.
They're available in black too: be sure to snap them both up.
8. Best casual chinos: New Look's Khaki Regular Fit Chinos
- Khaki Regular Fit Chinos, £22.99 from New Look – buy here
Looking for a more relaxed-fitting chino? New Look has got you covered with this regular fit khaki style.
Also available in stone and black, these are made from 100% cotton so they're perfectly lightweight and comfortable for work wear. Plus at £22.99, they're a bargain.
9. Best plus size: New Look's Plus Size Pale Grey Pinstripe Trousers
- Plus Size Pale Grey Pinstripe Trousers, £24.99 from New Look – buy here
Plus size and struggling to find good quality work trousers?
New Look has delivered the goods here with these pinstruipe grey trousers available in sizes 3XL to 5XL.
With tapered legs and an elasticated tie waist, these will elevate any ensemble.
Dress them up with a shirt or create a more understated work look with a t-shirt and trainers.
10. Best for casual vibes: Levi's 511 Slim Jeans
- 511™ slim jeans, £100 from Levi's – buy here
If your place of work has a relaxed dress code, there's no reason a pair of jeans can't look smart and put together—especially teamed with a shirt for some added polish.
We've turned to the kings of denim, Levi's: every man should own a pair and that's a fact.
We're loving the 511 slim jeans— they're contemporary, sleek, and perfect for work-to-weekend wear.
11. Best 'wear everywhere' trouser: BOSS' Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Stretch-cotton Trousers
- BOSS Relaxed-fit straight-leg stretch-cotton trousers, £159 from Selfridges – buy here
A straight-leg, relaxed fit pair of trousers that will go with everything and can be worn pretty much everywhere.
Made from a stretch cotton, this design by BOSS comes in a dark blue that will elevate your work wear—and even look great with a corduroy shirt or band t-shirt for a dressed-down off-duty look.
Enjoyed our guide for the best work trousers for men? Why not check out the best Chelsea boots for men?
We've also rounded up the best boat shoes that will look great this season.
And check out our dedicated Sun Selects fashion section for more style tips, trends and products.
Source: Read Full Article