Stanley Tucci taught his fans how to make a ‘Christmas cosmo’ cocktail with the help of John Krasinski and Emily Blunt12/25/2020
- Stanley Tucci has delighted fans throughout 2020 with his mixology tutorials on Instagram.
- The actor is back with another drink recipe — this time, for a "Christmas cosmo," which includes many of the traditional cosmopolitan ingredients, plus pomegranate and festive garnishes.
- Tucci's latest tutorial included a cameo from his sister-in-law, actress Emily Blunt, and her husband, John Krasinski, who were shown eating garnishes that the cocktail connoisseur was going to use in the drink.
- The final product was a cranberry-colored drink with a festive sugar rim.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Stanley Tucci has yet again proven his (unofficial) title as the celebrity mixology master of 2020.
This year, the "Julie & Julia" actor and cookbook author has become a quarantine hero of sorts as he's taken to Instagram to show off his cocktail expertise in the form of delightfully produced home videos often set to instrumental music.
His cocktail-making skills became well known in April after he taught fans how to make his version of a Negroni, and he's since offered his spin on other classic drinks, like the Old Fashioned and margarita.
Ahead of Christmas, the "Julie & Julia" actor shared a tutorial for what he called a "Christmas cosmo" — a spin on the vodka-and-cranberry drink.
To start, Tucci used a wooden tool to mash 3 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds in a cocktail shaker.
He then added 25 milliliters (about one-half of a standard shot in the US) of Cointreau, or orange liquor; cranberry juice, and pomegranate juice, respectively; and 50 milliliters (about one and a half shots in the US) of vodka.
Tucci added a handful of ice to the shaker and mixed the drink together, then added a festive rim to his cocktail glass by lining the top with water and dipping it in a plate with sugar. As a garnish, Tucci added a sprig of rosemary, one mint leaf, and a raspberry on a toothpick.
Before taking a sip, the actor said he had one last finishing touch for the drink.
"Wait, I have these helpers here who have been working on the garnishes for a while," Tucci told his wife, Felicity Blunt, who was behind the camera.
The camera panned to show Emily Blunt (Tucci's sister-and-law and former "The Devil Wears Prada" co-star), and her husband, John Krasinski, who was jokingly eating seeds from a pomegranate — which were, apparently, supposed to be a final decorative touch for the beverage.
"Garnish?" Krasinski asked Tucci.
"I told him that was supposed to be the garnish," Emily Blunt said. "Well, it would've looked nice in the cocktail."
Finally, Tucci and his family toasted with their cranberry-colored drinks, and the actor and mixology expert told fans to "stay safe and enjoy."
Source: Read Full Article