Mary Berry’s chocolate mousse pudding is perfect for Christmas11/25/2023
Ideal for a Christmassy treat, Mary Berry’s “no frills” chocolate mousse is an easy-to-make pudding.
Great for the whole family, and all ages, the dessert can be made in glasses or ramekins.
You can practise now so that when Christmas Day arrives, you will be a pro at making the chocolate mousse.
Serves: six to eight
- 225g plain chocolate such as Bournville, broken into small pieces
- A knob of butter
- One tbsp brandy, optional
- Three large eggs, separated
- 150ml double cream, lightly whipped
READ MORE… I made the ‘best’ ever apple crumble recipe and it was incredible
- Measure the chocolate into a bowl and sit it over a pan of simmering water. Melt slowly and do not allow the chocolate to become too hot.
- Stir in the butter, brandy and egg yolks one at a time and mix until combined. Set aside to cool a little.
- Whip the egg whites until just stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture with the whipped cream. Fold to combine.
- Spoon into a glass bowl (one-litre capacity) or six stemmed glasses or ramekins. Transfer to the fridge to set. Dust with icing sugar.
I made the ‘best’ ever apple crumble recipe and it was incredible[REAL LIFE]
Mary Berry’s frangipane brioche pudding is ultimate comfort dessert[RECIPE]
Mary Berry’s ‘popular’ classic trifle ready in just 25 minutes[LATEST]
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
How to easily separate egg yolk and egg whites
An easy and quick way to separate egg yolk from egg whites has been shown by British chef Jamie Oliver.
Place a bowl underneath your clean hands, then crack the egg into your hand and let the egg whites slide through into the bowl.
You will be left with the egg yolk in your hand, which you can transfer into the chocolate bowl for Mary Berry’s recipe.
There are other ways to separate the egg yolks from the egg whites but, once you know one way, is there really any need to know another?
Mary Berry’s chocolate mousse pudding can be made the day before you would like to eat it.
Alternatively, the chocolate mousse freezes well, so can be stored for up to a month.
Yet, with it only taking 20 minutes to make, and with clear, easy-to-follow instructions, it should be a doddle to follow.
But, with people most probably wanting more, you might find loved ones want you to make it again, and again.
Source: Read Full Article