I'm a nan, and I went out for my first bottomless brunch, I thought I could handle it…turns out I really couldn’t | The Sun

I'm a nan, and I went out for my first bottomless brunch, I thought I could handle it…turns out I really couldn’t | The Sun


IF you’ve ever been to a bottomless brunch, you’ll know people tend to leave filled with bubbles – quite literally.

And one Nan ended up discovering this the hard way after a two-hour brunch. 

Nat Cooper, 43, thought she could handle the bottomless after her recent all-inclusive holiday, but later found herself face planting the TOILET.

After enjoying a few too many Porn Star Martinis and Prosecco, Nat headed to the toilet but found herself with a concussion and a badly swollen eye. 

The mum-of-six claims to have no memory of leaving the venue or getting home, and was left feeling like “Dory out of Finding Nemo”. 

She had been sitting on the toilet at the time of the fall and had kept the cubicle door open so she could continue chatting away with her best friend Siobhan.


I bought a pair of £200 fake veneers & they made me look like a horse

I’m ‘fat’ but pretend I’m pregnant – people shouldn’t shame my size

Nat, from St Helen's, Merseyside, said: "Seeing my eye the next day, I was shocked. I was frantic, like what have I done? Please tell me I've not been fighting – I'm a nan!

"I've only been to one bottomless brunch before, in Wigan, and I was sick at the restaurant before we left.

"This was my birthday day out with my best friend, so I was excited and thought I'm really letting my hair down.

"I had just come back from holiday so thought I could handle the cocktails but clearly they are not proper spirits in an all-inclusive resort and these drinks hit differently.

Most read in Real Life


My neighbour said my autistic son’s street chalk drawing was disgusting


You’re in top 1% if you can spot the world’s most elusive sniper on the mountain


My baby was terminally ill & I had to have abortion- trolls say it's murder


You’ve been using your fan all wrong… and you could be making your room even HOTTER

"Obviously, we'd had pre-drinks – two big big vodkas because Siobhan pours them like a pro.

"I got a drink on the bus too – a can of Lambrini, because Lambrini girls like to have fun, don't they? We got to the cocktail place and I just started necking the cocktails."

The pals had been dining out together at Chapo's El Campeon in Ashton, Makerfield, on Saturday, June 11, with the brunch setting them back £35 each.

According to Nat, who is a petrol station cashier: "I was drinking Porn Star Martinis but you get a glass of prosecco as well which keeps getting filled up so you've got two drinks at a time and both my hands were full.

"I had some food which was gorgeous, I think, because this bit I remember, and then s*** hits the fan."

“If I had shut the door, I would have only banged on the door, but I hit the floor.”

"I don't remember leaving the place or getting home. I think I had a concussion because I wanted to sleep and didn't know I had fallen. 

“We went outside to wait for the bus and I was on the floor at the bus stop when a very kind stranger stopped and asked to take us home.

"Instead, we asked to get dropped off at our local pub. 

“I didn't drink and I still didn't know I had fallen but apparently wouldn't let anyone phone an ambulance and the barmaid gave me ice for my eye. 

Eventually, Siobhan and her mum pretty much carried me home and I went to bed."

Read More on The Sun

I bagged 40 bottles of Fabulosa on sale – people are moaning it’s sold out

A 5G mast was erected outside our home… it looks like a giant sex toy

She added: "I was like Dory out of Finding Nemo – I kept forgetting I had fallen and asking who hit me. The restaurant itself was second to none, a beautiful place and lovely staff.

"I hope they let me back, it wasn't their fault, it was my fault, I shouldn't have been pre-drinking! I don't think bottomless brunches are for me!"

    Source: Read Full Article