Model 'stalked by Russell Brand' through streets of London in early 2000s09/19/2023
Russell Brand has been accused of stalking a former model through the streets of London in 2005 after the pair were said to have meet in a bar.
The 48-year-old has recently been accused of rape, assault and emotional abuse between 2006 and 2013, when he was at the height of his fame working for the BBC, Channel 4 and starring in Hollywood films.
Brand has strongly denied the allegations, which also include claims of controlling, abusive and predatory behaviour.
The ex-model recounted the incident that happened almost a decade ago and chose to remain anonymous as she described the ordeal.
She claimed that the comedian followed her face paces behind for what ‘felt like a lifetime’ and that he shouted at her: ‘Let’s just f*** right here’.
The unidentified woman said she was in her 20s at the time and had met the Get Him To The Greek star in a bar in Primrose Hill.
She went on to allege that he refused to acknowledge her pleas that he didn’t leave with her and proceeded to follow her out on to the street, becoming ‘creepy’.
Telling The Sun about her experience with the star, she claimed: ‘It felt like he was hunting me down. It wasn’t flirty or fun. The word “predator” is absolutely spot-on.
‘He was dead set on his goal. His intention was to have sex with someone, anyone.’
On Saturday, an investigation by Channel 4’s Dispatches was broadcast revealing the serious allegations put towards Brand, following which the woman revealed she has ‘not been able to sleep’.
She shared that she was shaken by the realisation that ‘other women had not been so lucky’ and that she had been able to get away from him.
According to the publication, she is preparing to alert the police to the incident in 2005 after they encouraged anyone who had been a victim of Brand to come forward.
The model’s allegations came after The Met Police said they have now received an allegation of sexual assault in Soho, central London, in 2003.
In a short statement, the force said: ‘On Sunday September 17, the Met received a report of a sexual assault which was alleged to have taken place in Soho in central London in 2003.
‘Officers are in contact with the woman and will be providing her with support.
‘We first spoke with The Sunday Times on Saturday September 16 and have since made further approaches to The Sunday Times and Channel 4 to ensure that anyone who believes they have been the victim of a sexual offence is aware of how to report this to the police.’
Metro.co.uk contacted Brand’s reps for comment.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article