‘He’s in absolute torment’ Nick Knowles ‘facing axe’ from BBC’s DIY SOS over cereal advert05/18/2021
DIY SOS: Nick Knowles MOCKS designer’s idea
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Nick Knowles, 58, has fronted DIY SOS for over two decades and has kept viewers entertained with the emotionally charged renovation show. The presenter is said to be in “absolute torment” over claims of an alleged BBC breach, after the small-screen star took part in a cereal advertisement.
Nick plays a builder in the Shreddies commercial, which sources say breaches BBC rules.
In the advertisement, the DIY SOS presenter plays a builder helping a family with their home.
He pours a bowl of cereal into his hat while calling himself “Nick ‘Get It Done’ Knowles”.
According to reports, during a Zoom meeting conducted in April, Nick was told by corporation bosses that he would have to get the advert taken off the air.
“Nick is in absolute torment about the whole situation because he loves the Beeb,” a source told The Sun.
“But they have very strict guidelines when it comes to their talent and advertising and he has already broken them by filming the ads. But Shreddies don’t want to pull the campaign.”
They added: “While Nick is technically a free agent, he appears to have used his connection to DIY SOS in the advert which is totally out of order in the eyes of the BBC.”
The source added that Nick has been given an ultimatum and his decision to remain in DIY SOS may “already be out of his hands”.
The BBC has told Express.co.uk: “Both the BBC and Nick are keen to resolve this matter and are working together to seek a solution.”
Express.co.uk has contacted Nick Knowles representatives for comment.
Nick has hosted DIY SOS since 1999 and has previously addressed his future on the community based show.
Each episode shows a team of builders and volunteers transform a person’s home, who’s been nominated by their friends and family.
Nick previously insisted he has “absolutely no intention” of leaving DIY SOS after joining rival broadcaster Channel 5 to present two new shows.
Monty Don reacts as viewer rejects BBC star’s gardening claim[LATEST]
Denise Van Outen says she’s still ‘sore’ months after horror fall[EXCLUSIVE]
Steph McGovern shares ‘perfect night’ in rare insight with partner[ADMISSION]
The presenter is taking part in upcoming programmes Your Life On Your Lawn and Home Improvements.
While Nick is not contracted by the BBC and works as a freelancer, he confirmed he would return to DIY SOS as and when a new series is commissioned.
“DIY SOS is the most important thing I do and it’s always meant more to me than just a show. To see people coming together representing the best of communities is more important now than ever,” Nick told MailOnline.
“I have absolutely no intention of leaving DIY SOS – it’s not just a job for me, we are a family and it has my heart.”
The news comes after Nick claimed the BBC has decided against promoting his show in a candid tweet, earlier this year.
In view of his 157,000 Twitter followers, Nick urged viewers to retweet his announcement, as he explained the show would not be advertised on the channel.
He tweeted: “Announcement! Brand new to broadcast @DIYSOS Monday 9pm BBC1.
“Please RT as it won’t be promoted on the channel.”
Source: Read Full Article