Chicago PD Release 470 Pages Of Files On Jussie Smollett’s Alleged Chicago Attack!05/31/2019
New information is being released about Jussie Smollett‘s alleged Chicago attack.
In March 2019, all charges against the Empire star were dropped regarding allegations that he staged the January incident.
Fast forward to Thursday, the Chicago Police Department released 470 pages of previously sealed files concerning the case.
Most notably, the actor allegedly changed his story throughout the police investigation.
Initially, the 36-year-old allegedly said one of his attackers was white. Then, the thespian allegedly described the person as “pale,” and then he admitted that he “presumed” they were white because he claimed they told him post-attack, “This is MAGA country.”
Additionally, when Abel and Ola Osundairo — who some believe helped Jussie orchestrate the alleged attack — were arrested, Smollett allegedly acted surprised, and said:
“It can’t be them, they’re black as sin.”
He allegedly added:
“We don’t have any problems… They are straight so we don’t have any problems with women or men… They did not owe me any money, I don’t owe them any money. We have a good relationship.”
However, prior to this, when Jussie was shown a video of them walking in the street (before police said they knew who they were), he allegedly responded:
“Those are the guys that attacked me!”
Additionally, when Smollett was unaware that the brothers told police that the plot was his idea, he allegedly signed documents to have police press charges, until he was stopped by his lawyer.
Per the files, months before the incident in September 2018, Jussie allegedly texted Abel about “Molly,” “pills,” and “whitney,” an alleged street name for cocaine.
Smollett allegedly wrote:
“N**** you still got a Molly connect? Imma need a good fo pills hahahaha (sic)”
He allegedly added:
“You wanna come through? If not I can get it tomorrow”
Abel allegedly responded:
“I’m falling asleep… You can get it tomorrow.”
Smollett allegedly wrote back:
Per documents, Jussie began texting one of the brothers months before in February 2018, and even sent Abel $200 on Venmo after their “Molly” exchange.
Additionally, after the alleged attack, Smollett changed his phone number.
Though he allegedly told police he had only spoken to his creative director and to his manager on the night of the alleged incident, the files state that he spoke to the brothers afterward.
The files also revealed that Smollett allegedly refused to release his medical records, hand over his phone, or give DNA evidence. Also, his lawyer allegedly would not let him see a line up with anyone in it.
The documents also allege that both brothers refused to eat or drink in the initial stages of police custody, and that they denied having anything to do with the threatening letter Smollett allegedly received on January 22.
As we reported, Smollett will not be returning to Empire for the upcoming season. Fox said in a statement:
“By mutual agreement, the studio has negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett’s option for season 6, but at this time there are no plans for the character of Jamal to return to Empire.”
Source: Read Full Article